After a long time, I’m posting. It really feels very good since I’m back to blogging. Well I purchased a new smartphone from Sony Ericsson in November, 2010. It is XPERIA X8 previously rumored as Sony Ericsson Shakira(though its official name is Sony Ericsson E15i or Sony Ericsson XPERIA X8). Some of its remarkable features are Android OS(currently Android Eclair 2.1), WiFi, 3.0 inch HVGA capacitive touch screen, A-GPS, a 3.2 MP Camera, 600MHz processor, etc.
Well it has a numerous features so for the full review of this phone, check @ GSMArena.com. Since my main motive is to share my own personal experience with this phone. It priced me INR 13, 500/- (approx $280) & in this range I bet this is the best phone in Indian markets. Even this is far better than XPERIA X10 Mini, which has a very small screen of 2.55 inch along with other issues.
XPERIA X8 is now using Android Eclair, which makes it capable of running various application and provides a great user experience. This is really a true executive phone since it allows various functionalities like reading mails, updating social networking profile in a go and many more things. After that Sony Ericsson’s Timescape Application combines SMS’s, missed calls, Twitter Updates & Facebook Updates in a single place & hence gives us a great control. It is really an amazing application!
Android Market is a store of hundreds and thousands of applications. Most of them are available free of cost while some come with a nominal price. We can directly install applications from the market without connecting to our computer.
This phone can be customized a lot in terms of menu, wallpapers, applications, services, etc. The best feature of this phone is the speed, which makes it the best in its range. After using it for more than two months, I never faced any sluggishness or crash. It is only due to its Qualcomm MSM7227 600 MHz processor.
Important Android Applications:
- Quickoffice Pro - A suite provides a reader/editor for DOC, XLS, PPT & PDF documents.
- TasKiller – Allows to close the running applications & hence save memory.
- Swype HVGA – It is an advanced keyboard which simplifies the typing on a touchscreen.
- GPS Test – Provides longitude, latitude & altitude from GPS Satellites.
- PowerAMP – An advanced music player.
- Aldiko Book Reader – Book reader.
- CamCard – A business card reader.
- SMS Backup+ – Backs up all the SMS’s to our GMail inbox.
- Dolphin HD Browser – Advanced browser with many functions & addons.
- Adobe Photoshop Express - Provides simple image editing & also provides an option to upload images to Photoshop Library
- MapDroyd – Worldwide offline maps with GPS synchronization
Note: All the applications I’ve mentioned above are running on my phone without any issues.
This phone’s hardware capabilities are really good and with good applications, we can enhance our user experience to a new level. After summing up everything I can clearly say that if you have a limited budget & want to have a great Android experience then this is the best phone, anyone can have. This is a true executive phone due to its simple looks as well as the functionalities it offers.